Saturday, January 22, 2011

Back in action!

After an almost 2 month layoff, I'm writing again.  Basically what happened is the Hobby Triathlon was very disheartening for a number of reasons and I got stuck trying to write about it.  I had been working on a full report from it but its taking so much longer than its worth, I'm just going to scrap it and move on. 

A lot of stuff has happened in the past couple months.  The highlights include: painting my first eldar (yuck!), playing with 40k Daemons for the first time (yay!), my brother visiting for a very Tyranid Christmas and more recently a return to working on my Chaos Marines forces.

I've added a number of different units to my Chaos Marines in hopes of countering some of the mech-heavy lists that operate at my shop.  Adam is running a tournament called Squirrelfest 2011 next Sunday for 16 veteran hobbyists in the area which I'm going to play in.  The list I'm going to run is a variant 1750 version of my Hobby Triathlon list.  It looks like this:


1,750pt Chaos Undivided

HQ
Daemon Prince
-Warptime
-MoT
-Wings

Troops
(10) Chaos Marines
-2xMelta
-Champ w/PF
-Icon
Rhino

(8) Plague Marines
-2xMelta
-Champ w/PW
-Personal Icon
Rhino

(10) Khorne Berserkers
-Champ w/PW
-Personal Icon

(5) Summoned Lesser Daemons

(5) Summoned Lesser Daemons

Elites
(3) Terminators
-2xCombi Melta
-Chainfist
-Icon

Heavy Support
Land Raider

(2) Obliterators

(6) Havocs
-3xMissile Launchers
-Icon

It lacks a hammer unit and doesn't dominate any particular phase of the game but I'm hoping that versatility will carry the day.  Hopefully I can get a practice game or two in.  Either way, I'll try super duper hard to remember to bring a fully charged camera to the tournament.

-Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment