Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The bandwagon is a calling (Thing 1 & Thing 2)

It seems like riflemen Dreadnoughts (2x twin-linked autocannons) have become all the rage lately on the net.  I had one guy I watched play a lot at my old shop that used a couple but I have no real world experience fighting against them or using them.  That being said, I am strongly considering converting my two multimelta drop dreads into riflemen.




I've beaten to death what I think of AV12 walkers dropping down unsupported so maybe it's time I tried out the new trendy walker on the block.  As things stand, I have a couple Aegis Defense Lines sitting in my closet that could be converted pretty easily to make them.  With the magic of magnets, I won't be required to scrap the multimeltas I have already converted for them, just add the option of the autocannons.




Ultimately, it's a matter of me sitting down and finalizing a list for RockCon and seeing where the Dreadnoughts fit it.  I wasn't planning on using them but I was just thinking the other day about how I love the models and how much of a shame it would be to never use them for anything but Apoc games, so finding a use for them in competitive play would be great.  Its getting a bit late to do anything about it tonight but I'll have a think on it and maybe write up a list or two this evening.

As a side note, I think I'm going to go public with this blog so I feel less like a nerdy teenage girl journaling about her toy soldiers.  We'll see if I feel up to public scrutiny!

-Noah

2 comments:

  1. noah fuck me i just opened up ten boxes of various dreads to find i have 5 AC's for two riflemen... and they are all for the same arm :(

    let me know if you want some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I responded to your fb message. I think I'm going to do the defense line ones. I'll probably post pics of the process. Are you still working on your wolves?

    ReplyDelete