Thursday, October 20, 2011

Judgement Day Cometh


I am 85% sure I'm going to make a Necron army within the next two weeks.  I haven't played Necrons since 3rd Ed. when I dropped them in favor of Space Marines.  The reason I dropped them initially was because they lacked character and there didn't have many options to field different armies.  It looks like both of these issues will be resolved in the new book, at least judging by what has been leaked so far.

I'm excited about the new book for the following reasons:

-More competitive
-New models, none of which will be metal!
-Hopefully a viable infantry, foot slogging army is an option, I am getting tired of mech
-Easy, easy, easy to paint
-They're Xenos, I need to break up the power armor party that's going on in my closet right now

Unfortunately I'm sure this will be a huuuuuuge bandwagon army.  Possibly more that Grey Knights but I hope not.  I need to think of a scheme that is different enough that I won't be knocked in painting scores.  I may go with some kind of fancy base or something.  I'll be back.

-Noah

6 comments:

  1. i think the red and gold horde will be returning to play in 2012. looking at these models though really makes me realize how much better i've gotten at painting in the past four years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get that all the time. I've got armies that I've worked on for a few years that the new units will look significantly better than the old ones.

    I'm pretty stoked about playing a Xenos race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. xenos need all the love they can get. we had an rtt here last saturday during valleycon and 4/6 of the people played imperium armies, and 4/4 of those guys played spess mehreens. (the other two were eldar.)

    ravenwing
    space pups x2
    ultrasmurfs

    the guy who won was like, "fuck this shit" and bought a bunch of tau =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hilarious. Did you play with your Space Wolves? I can guarantee somebody is going to want to play Necrons in the future. I just picked up the new White Dwarf and they look pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didn't know they were playing. i showed up by happenstance with this girl who wanted to get the BSG board game, so while I was there we all set up a facebook group for posting events and shit.

    playing tomorrow now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i posted the two batreps from today @ pile-in.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete