Thursday, November 17, 2011

First Necron Model

Ok, the title is a lie.  The first Necron I painted took a little bath in Simple Green, this is the first model I saw fit to photograph and share.  What's really interesting is that the metalic primer I bought from The Army Painter doesn't break down in Simple Green.  It must bond with the plastic, I am curious how it sticks to metal. 


This paint scheme was inspired by Tim over at The Vanus Temple.  The glow is something new to me as I've never used powder weathering pigments before.  I think it turned out ok, I'm sure I'll get better at applying it as I go.  The base was just a spare that I had sitting around from my Space Wolves and is probably not what I'm going to ultimately go with.  I got the pigment and base from Secret Weapon MiniaturesSidenote: Justin does a great job over there getting shipments out quickly, I've ordered from him half a dozen times and always been satisfied with the quality of the product and the customer service.

6 comments:

  1. that looks awesome man. try using the powder for osl as an inverse square gradient, it might make your future models more realistic.

    take that for a grain of salt though too because i can't produce anything like that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The powder is going to take some getting used to, it gets all over the place. I need to use a smaller brush for sure next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you read anything about using something a bit stiffer like a q-tip to apply it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't thought of that, I'll try it out. Good call dude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the idea came from drew, he recommended a long time ago that i do eyes with toothpicks. since then i've been doing dry brushing with brushes that i cut up so there is only about 2mm of hair left, makes doing highlighting over fur very easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great painting !

    Great Blog!

    Im following you!

    You can follow me too, i Got a Painting blog!

    http://malditoduendeminiatures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete