Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ork Sidetrack

 Fish, here are your Ork pics, only four weeks after I said I'd post them.

1. Prime
Black

2. Basecoat
Skin: Gretchin Green
Clothes: Any color you want, I chose Mechrite Red because red is neat.
Boots: I left them black.
Metal: Boltgun Metal
Pants/Straps: Bestial Brown maybe?  If I were doing it today I'd use Calthan Brown.
Wristbands/Bandages/Horns: Dheneb Stone (best paint in the world)

3. Wash
Everywhere: Devlan Mud (use it liberally and then stick it in front of a fan on low or a space heater, this prevents a lot of pooling that is common when using this much wash)

4. Highlight with the original colors on any raised edges if you want it brighter.  I only went up one step but you could easily get a better result with a third color.  Then again, you could have a decent looking tabletop model by just throwing on the table after washing it.

There you go, if you want more detailed instructions, ask away.





2 comments:

  1. tomorrow i'm taking the afternoon off to whip some boyz. i will let you know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The key here is putting enough wash on. If it pools a ton, you can move it around by blowing on it gently. That makes the wash move much smoother than if you use a brush for everything.

    ReplyDelete