Thursday, November 4, 2010

Back to the drawing board?

So I played my first game with the new and supposedly improved chaos list tonight.  I played against a buddy of mine playing a pretty strong 1500pt Space Marine army.  We rolled up kill points with pitched battle deployment (yawn) and his list looked something like this...

-Shrike
-(10) Assault Marines w/power weapon
-(10) Tactical Marines w/flamer, multimelta
-(10) Tactical Marines w/flamer, multimelta
-Ironclad in drop pod w/melta, heavy flamer
-(8) Assault Terminators in...
-Land Raider Crusader

I was running option #3 from yesterday's post and I got tabled on the bottom of turn 5.  I'm not sure but this may have been my first time getting tabled since starting chaos.  Basically what happened is I gave him first turn and turtled up in a corner, hoping to make it extremely costly for him to come in with his infiltrating jump pack marines, Shrike and his drop dread.  He left his tac marines hiding in some cover and I ignored them at first as they posed no threat.  I managed to deal with his dreadnought, Shrike and his marines but holy crap those terminators just couldn't fail a save.  They destroyed my entire army.  At one point I counted them as saving 19 straight 3++ saves.  Unreal. 

So in the end, I lost pretty soundly and when I asked him what I should do different with my list, he recommended adding a daemon prince....I told him I already had a prince in my list....and realized I had forgotten to bring him to the battle.  Mulligan.

-Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment