Monday, November 8, 2010

First Pics!

As promised, here's some pics of my latest project.  I definitely need some practice at photographing models but I don't think these turned out too bad considering I was using our back-up camera and didn't really prepare the lighting at all.  These were just taken in the empty cabinet of my display case.

Just a quick note on my painting philosophy in general since this is the first sample of my hobby ever to hit the 'net.  I definitely paint to a tabletop standard, lots of dry brushing and washes, nothing too fancy.  I like to have things look nice but I also like to finish models in a timely manner before I get sick of seeing them.  My chaos marine army is a good example of that compromise.  I think of it as my "quick and dirty" army.  I paint it to get it done because I enjoy playing with them.  Some day I may find an army or project that I can put the full effort into, but right now I bounce around too much.



I tried painting a chaos star on the side of the land raider using Dave Taylor's guide, super helpful and I love the look.


The obliterators I just wanted to bang out in a night and went with a rusted look instead of aligning them to a particular chaos god.

All in all, glad to have some eye candy up on here at last but like I said, I'll work on getting rid of those shadows with a real light box and a better camera.  Alright, enough messing around with the blog.  I need to get some more work done on the berzerkers tonight if I want to have this army ready to go come the 21st.

-Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment